If you're looking to update your countertops, you've probably considered granite, marble and quartz. But, have you taken a minute to consider soapstone countertops? For residents of St Paul, soapstone countertops can be a beautiful, environmentally friendly option. In this blog, we're going to cover some interesting facts about soapstone countertops.
Choosing Soapstone Countertops in St Paul
Soapstone countertops are just one of the many natural stone countertops options out there. If you are a resident of St Paul, it may seem difficult to choose just one. Here are some facts about soapstone, that will hopefully make your decision a little easier:
- Soapstone countertops are environmentally friendly. They are made of all-natural components including talc, magnesite and chlorite
- It is a very strong, dense material. It is the perfect selection for enhancing your fireplace and for use in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Soapstone countertops are very heat resistant. They can withstand high temperatures, without becoming disfigured.
- It is hygienic, making it perfect for food preparation, as well as good in bathrooms. It is hard for soapstone to harbor bacteria.
- Soapstone does need to be oiled from time to time. This will help keep it looking its best for years to come.
· It comes in a variety of colors, making it the perfect addition to almost any St Paul home. Not only that, but they can be cut to match any space.
At the end of the day, the selection of which natural stone countertops you're going to have installed comes down to a matter of personal preference. All of them have their positive qualities. If you need guidance, don't hesitate to contact our team.